Truffled Pasta Carbonara
Pasta, pork, eggs, cream, cheese & truffles - simple and decadent.
At a glance
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 C. heavy cream
- 1 t. salt
- 1/8 t. white pepper
- 1 lb. fresh fettucine
- 1 T. butter
- 2 oz. prosciutto, sliced into strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 C. dry white wine
- 2-4 oz. sliced Oregon White Truffle, 12-16 slices and the rest minced
- Whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper together.
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Lightly saute the prosciutto in the butter until almost crisping. Add the garlic, and saute another minute or two without browning. Add the wine and cook until almost fully reduced. Remove from heat.
- Toss together with the pasta, egg/cream mixture, cheese and minced truffles.
- Serve in 4 large warm bowls, topped with 3-4 truffle slices.