Chinese "Chicken" Salad
Well, it's called "Chicken" of the Woods... plus the color contrasts are great!
At a glance
- 1 lb. Laetiporus sulphureus, cut into matchsticks and sauteed
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 2 packages ramen noodles
- 4 C. shredded Napa Cabbage
- 1 C. grated carrots
- 1/2 bunch chopped green onions
- 1 sm. can drained slivered water chestnuts
- 1/4 C. toasted sliced almonds
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 T. hoisin sauce
- 4 T. rice wine vinegar
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. sesame oil
- 2 t. brown sugar
- 1 t. hot sesame oil
- 1 t. grated fresh ginger
- Crunch up the ramen noodles and combine with the cabbage, carrots, green onions and water chestnuts.
- Whisk together the dressing and pour over the salad ingredients.
- Refrigerate 12-24 hours, tossing several times.
- Just before serving, top with sauteed & cooled Laetiporus conifericola slices, almonds, and cilantro.
We have 40 guests online